Leverage the transformative power of equity and diversity to advance excellence in teaching, research and community engagement at the University of Minnesota.
We envision a University where equity and diversity are:
- Integrated into the work and lives of every student, faculty, and staff member.
- Recognized as core institutional values, and will inform thinking, policies, and practices throughout the University.
- Inherently intertwined with academic excellence and the development of leaders for a globally inclusive society.
Our commitment to social justice drives and grounds our work so that everything we do continuously fosters excellence through shared responsibility for:
- Access and Inclusion: continuously preparing, inviting, and welcoming people to an environment where all have the opportunity to thrive at the University and beyond.
- Community: creating equitable and collaborative partnerships to better work together within and outside the University towards shared goals.
- Education and Learning: actively and intentionally using models and practices that incorporate content that reflects diverse ways of knowing, being and experiencing the world.
- Sustainable Transformation: engaging in continuous individual and institutional reflection and collaboration to build capacity and integrate what we learn into our culture and infrastructure.
- Accountability: evaluating and assessing progress towards realization of the University’s vision for equity and diversity.