Many within our community continue to be directly impacted by recent events. We want you to know we are here for you and want to help. Following you will find a list of resources if you have immediate needs or would like to help others.
- This comprehensive list of Wellbeing Resources from the U of M Office of Human Resources, includes information on Mental Health UPlan Resources, Employee Assistance Program, the Wellbeing Program, the Center for Spirituality and Healing as well as national resources.
- Support for Employees During a Crisis
- U of M Mental Health Collective for Indigenous People and People of Color (student counseling)
- Student Mental Health Resources (Twin Cities campus)
- U of M Affinity Groups
- U of M Diversity Community of Practice
In the midst of turmoil and disruption, access to everyday items and services can be diminished or impossible. The Twin Cities community is rallying to assist their fellow Minnesotans. The list below points to summary lists of resources:
- The Red Cross has a virtual family assistance center page with additional resources that may be helpful for those in need.
- The Star Tribune is sharing information on how people can help clean up, donate money, and pick up and drop-off groceries, toiletries, and household goods. The information is updated every day.
- Ramsey County has a map of all food resources including food assistance, meal programs, and grocery delivery.
- The City of Minneapolis also has its own list of resources for food, clothing, financial assistance, and medication.
Support Organizations Lifting Up Communities Most Impacted
- Rebuild MPLS (this student-led resource serves as a point of reference to identify the various small businesses and community organizations that are currently fundraising)
- Running list of fundraisers for community groups and damaged businesses in the Twin Cities
- Midway United
- National Pan Hellenic Council NPHC-MSP (Donate through Paypal or Cash App)
- We Love Lake Street
- Northside Funders Group
- West Broadway Business and Area Coalition
- Somali Business Fund
- George Floyd Memorial Fund
- Reclaim the Block
- Black Visions Collective
- Justice for George Floyd
Learn about Black History at the University of Minnesota
- Watch This Free North
- Explore A Campus Divided
- Remember the Morrill Hall Takeover
- Hope in the Struggle: A Memoir by Josie R. Johnson